Cornwall Schools Regatta – part of Cornwall School Games
This years Cornwall Schools Regatta Wednesday 21st September 2016
CORNWALL SCHOOLS REGATTA – SEE BELOW FOR 2016 RESULTS
Sailors must know how to sail!! From School Years 4 – 11.
For Cornwall Schools Regatta please also see the entry form link below
THIS IS DUE IN ON THE DAY IN THE RACE OFFICE. 1 PER BOAT (not per person)
If there are any more volunteer helpers out there then please make yourself known!!
There are always many positions to be filled including:
Recording results on the Committee Boat x 10
Safety Boat crew x 10
Beach master x 2
Parking wardens x 4
Race Office duties x 3 (to include deciphering the results and entering on the computer)
Click here to email Tim Cross (RYA) to offer your volunteer help with any of the above and thank you!!
SCHOOLS REGATTA EMAIL INFO TO COMPETITORS.
1. Please confirm the amount of boats you will be bringing asap by email so that I can ensure we have enough rescue boat cover as there are strict guidelines for this.
2. The Race Office will be open at 11.30am so please bring your entry forms as close to 11.30am as possible, or if picking up boats from Mylor Sailing School then as close to 10.30am as possible. ENTRY FORM
3. Mylor Yacht Harbour have kindly offered free parking again for this year’s event. You must come and get a parking pass from Mylor Sailing School though which is in the first car park on the left as you enter the harbour. Please make sure you are there in plenty of time to pick these up. You will also need a pass for any trailers that you have. There will only be someone manning the school until around 10am. After this, passes will be left with Mylor Boat Hire next door to us.
4. There will be leaders directing you to where you need to go but please note that you are not to drive up into the Windsport Sailing School area unless you are going to pay them for parking there. You can turn around on the beach.
5. When you bring your boat onto the beach you MUST go as far along as you can so that other boat owners can also get onto the beach. So past the Restronguet Sailing Club slipway please. There will be around 85 boats so this is essential.
6. Also please be aware of parking on the beach in front of Restronguet Sailing Club.
This is strictly for dropping off boats and then moving your vehicles ASAP back to either car park in the Harbour.
8. N.B. THOSE SCHOOLS BORROWING BOATS MUST LOOK AFTER THEM!! IN PREVIOUS YEARS, THERE HAVE BEEN INSTANCES WHEREBY THE BOATS HAVE BEEN LEFT TO DRY OUT OR ABUSED BY A LARGE NUMBER OF PUPILS TRYING TO GET AS MANY ON A BOAT AS POSSIBLE! ALSO A RUDDER WAS LOST DUE TO CHILDREN DISRESPECTING THE EQUIPMENT AND THIS IS £300 TO REPLACE. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ADVISE YOUR PUPILS TO TAKE CARE OF THESE BOATS OTHERWISE WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOAN THE BOATS TO YOU!!
9. Please ensure that you have a clear sail number marked out on both sides of the sail. Please try to avoid using sail no. 1 or 11 or 111 or an X! Everybody does this! If you do not have a clear number then you will not be counted.
10. Could all trophy winners from last year please remember to bring them with you on the day! We were missing two last year.
11. Please note the kitchen at the sailing club will be open for lunches, snacks and drinks etc.
12. Click here for the notice-of-race-sailing-instructions-sept-2016
13. Sailors bringing their own boats must have separate race insurance (this is an add on to any normal insurance) More details in the Race Instructions.
14. Anyone wishing to use a boat kindly loaned from Mylor Sailing School, St Mawes Sailing Club MUST get their requests in ASAP. There are only approximately 20 boats in total and normally requests for more than 40. I always try to divide them out as fairly as possible.
If you have any further questions please click here email or cut and paste this email address – email@example.com
Mylor Sailing & Powerboat School
Click the links below for 2016 results –
This years Endeavour Cup goes to Nula Selwood and Freya Brown, Mirror Class
This years Fairplay Cup goes to Roisin O’Halloran, Pico Single Handed Class
Overall Schools Trophy goes to
1st Truro School
2nd Looe Community Academy
3rd Saltash Community School