After School Sailing Club – lots of fun for children here in Mylor, near Falmouth. This is a non-profit making arm of our business and the aim of this is to get as many local children on the water and keep them there!
Absolute beginners welcome!
What is the After School Sailing Club?
We offer an After School Sailing Club for your youngsters to get more involved in sailing and enhance water confidence and water safety awareness. We work towards the RYA Youth Sailing Schemes whereby certificates are awarded.
The RYA (Royal Yachting Association) recommended age for starting sailing lessons is 8 years.
We hold a license from the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (The AALA) which covers us for activities for children under 16 years old and pride ourselves on only requiring an inspection every three years (the highest no. of years possible). We are also governed by The RYA regulations, which is the National Governing Body for sailing who inspect us annually. We are recognised By Cornwall Outdoors and the county as a provider of outdoor activities. Copies of our risk assessments and any of the above certifications are available if required.
How old do I have to be to start?
The RYA recommended age to start sailing lessons is 8 years old.
Times and dates:
The next After School Sailing Club will start week commencing:
17th April 2017 for 5 weeks
5th June 2017 for 5 weeks
4th September 2017 for 5 weeks
Due to it’s popularity, the club starts at 4.30pm and finishes at 7pm EVERY WEEK DAY.
The club runs 3 times a year in 5 week blocks as per the dates above which are:
- First week back after the Easter holidays
- First week back after the May half term
- First week back to school in September
Cost for the After School Sailing Club:
We already have all levels of sailors who attend from novice through to the advanced racers and will be grouped accordingly. They must commit to a block of 5 weeks and the cost will be £16 per child per week i.e. £80 for the total number of sessions.
(RYA log books are an additional £4.95 – a one off purchase).
Additional information for the After School Sailing Club:
- All wetsuits and safety equipment is provided (includes buoyancy aid)
- There are different groups provided for different levels
- Please ensure your child wears footwear that can get wet (wetshoes, beachshoes or trainers are ideal)
- Each child will need to bring a towel and swimming costume for underneath their wetsuit
- Your child would benefit from eating a large snack before the club.
- Children will work through the RYA Youth Sailing Scheme and gain ticks towards each Stage and certificates on completion of a Stage.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, please click here to email Tracey email@example.com or 01326 377633 / 07971 520257
For more information about the RYA Youth Stages click here to be directed to their website.