Cornwall Schools Sailing Regatta
Cornwall Schools Sailing Regatta, part of the Cornwall School Games will has been rescheduled to –
Wednesday 19th September 2018
CORNWALL SCHOOLS REGATTA –
Sailors must know how to sail!! From School Years 4 – 11
Tide times for the day are: tba
For Cornwall Schools Regatta please also see the entry form link below
ENTRY FORM IS DUE IN ON THE DAY IN THE RACE OFFICE PLEASE BRING A COPY WITH YOU!
1 PER BOAT (not per person)
If there are any more volunteer helpers out there then please make yourself known!!
There are always many positions to be filled including:
Recording results on the Committee Boat x 10
Safety Boat crew x 10
Beach master x 2
Race Office duties x 3 (to include deciphering the results and entering on the computer)
Click here to email Tracey Boyne (one of the main organisers) to offer your volunteer help with any of the above and thank you!!
SCHOOLS REGATTA EMAIL INFO TO COMPETITORS.
- Please confirm the amount of boats you will be bringing asap by email so that I can ensure we have enough rescue boat cover as there are strict guidelines for this.
- The Race Office will be open at 10AM so please bring your entry forms as close to 10AM as possible, or if picking up boats from Mylor Sailing School then as close to 9.30AM as possible. ENTRY FORM
- Mylor Yacht Harbour have kindly offered free parking again for this year’s event. You can pick up a parking pass on your way in from a marshall. General parking is available in the very first car park on the left hand side as you enter the harbour. FOR DROPPING OFF BOATS AT RSC CLUB PLEASE READ 5, 6 AND 7 BELOW. VERY IMPORTANT!!
- If you are borrowing a boat, please make sure you arrive in plenty of time to pick these up as you will need to wheel them along the road from Mylor Sailing School to the other end of the harbour in front of Restronguet Sailing Club.
- You will also need a parking pass for any trailers that you have. There will be marshalls directing you to where you need to go but please note that you are not to drive up into the Windsport Watersports area unless you are going to pay them for parking there. You can turn around on the beach.
- Also please be aware of parking on the beach in front of Restronguet Sailing Club. This is strictly for dropping off boats and then moving your vehicles ASAP back to either car park in the Harbour.
- First thing in the morning, when you do drop your boat off at the beach, can you please make sure that you go as far along the beach as possible (in front of the sailing club) to make room for all competitors? There will be up to 90 boats and so space will be tight.
- N.B. THOSE SCHOOLS BORROWING BOATS MUST LOOK AFTER THEM!! IN PREVIOUS YEARS, THERE HAVE BEEN INSTANCES WHEREBY THE BOATS HAVE BEEN LEFT TO DRY OUT OR ABUSED BY A LARGE NUMBER OF PUPILS TRYING TO GET AS MANY ON A BOAT AS POSSIBLE! ALSO A RUDDER WAS LOST DUE TO CHILDREN DISRESPECTING THE EQUIPMENT AND THIS IS £300 TO REPLACE. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ADVISE YOUR PUPILS TO TAKE CARE OF THESE BOATS OTHERWISE WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOAN THE BOATS TO YOU!!
- Please bring entry forms with you on the day to the race office and sailors to arrive as close to 9am as possible. 1 form per boat.
- Please ensure that you have a clear sail number marked out on both sides of the sail. Please try to avoid using sail no. 1 or 11 or 111 or an X! Everybody does this! If you do not have a clear number then you will not be counted.
- Could all trophy winners from last year please remember to bring them with you on the day! We are still missing a few from last year.
- Please note the kitchen at the sailing club will be open for lunches, snacks and drinks etc.Also please be aware of parking on the beach in front of Restronguet Sailing Club. This is strictly for dropping off boats and then moving your vehicles ASAP back to either car park in the Harbour.
- Notice of Race & Sailing Instructions CLICK HERE
- Sailors bringing their own boats must have separate race insurance (this is an add on to any normal insurance) More details in the Race Instructions.
- Anyone wishing to use a boat kindly loaned from Mylor Sailing School, St Mawes Sailing Club MUST get their requests in ASAP. There are only approximately 20 boats in total and normally requests for more than 40. I always try to divide them out as fairly as possible.
If you have any further questions please click here email or cut and paste this email address – email@example.com
Mylor Sailing & Powerboat School
and Liz Saunders RYA Sailing Development Officer
Click the links below for 2017 results –
2017 Endeavour Cup goes to Erin Devery and Annabell Bull from Penryn College
2017 Fairplay Cup goes to Alex Barton from Truro School
Overall Schools Trophy 2017 goes to
1st Truro School
2nd Looe Community Academy
3rd Joint with Falmouth School and Roseland School