Covid19 updated information
Covid 19 Information for Mylor Sailing & Powerboat School
Updated June 2022
We are still open for bookings, gift vouchers and enquiries in time with Covid-19 guidelines. Please get in touch via email or phone for details on booking during Covid-19.
We are guided by the Government and the RYA and until further notice, we will be following as per below –
HOW HAVE WE ADAPTED TO THE DAILY RUNNING OF THE CENTRE?
To conform with the Government guidelines, we have adjusted our daily practices at Mylor Sailing School. We have put in new measures and safety areas to ensure that there is no physical contact between staff and customers and a will try to maintain social distancing wherever possible.
New Operating Procedures have been put in place for all staff so that we can get back on the water but maintain safety to reduce risks.
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS INFORMATION –
Please check here for the most up to date Government Guidelines on the symptoms of the Corona virus –Government Covid-19 Symptoms Information
If you or anyone in your party show any of the main symptoms of coronavirus as listed in the above link, then you must follow the Government Guidelines as laid out in their current guidance.
This will mean that we cannot provide any training for you or anyone in your household.
Please also note that if you develop any of the symptoms within 14 days after your training with us, that you must report this to us immediately so that we can share this information with anyone that you may have come into close contact with.
We may need to share your personal contact details with the NHS and other professional bodies if we have any reports of other customers developing symptoms of the coronavirus. Appropriate members of the group and staff will be informed as required as per Government guidelines.
CUSTOMER COVID-19 PROTOCOLS –
- Staggering of Customer Arrival –Customer sessions will have staggered starting and finishing times throughout the day. This will ensure that the centre is kept as clear and clean as possible.
- Check in time – You MUST arrive 10 minutes before your course time. Failure to do so may mean that your course time is put back by more than an hour or not be able to run at all.
- Signs and Reminders – There will be many signs around the centre as reminders as to where you can and cannot go.
- Before you arrive – If you have your own full length wetsuits then please bring them. It will be too cold for shorty wetsuits. Using Mylor Sailing School’s wetsuits and safety equipment is permitted, and we have the relevant cleaning processes in place. You must bring your own footwear. Either wet shoes, sailing/surfing shoes/boots or a pair of extra trainers that you do not mind getting wet. No barefoot sailing is permitted.
- Arrival – Your instructor will advise you and guide you through our protocols throughout your time with us. Please always stay at least 2 metres from our staff. Please ensure you listen very carefully to all the information that your instructor will give you.
- Changing arrangements – After changing you will be required to leave all of your belongings in your car and we will hold your car keys in our safe.
- Cleaning – All sanitising and cleaning of kit and areas will be in place as per the Government guidelines.
- Teaching Methods –We have adjusted our teaching methods putting an emphasis on demonstration and communication. It will take a longer period of time than usual to launch and get on the water due to this. Once afloat then our instructors cannot get too close to you to help with certain aspects of sailing, e.g. rigging etc so a more thorough approach on land before launching will be taken.
- Equipment and kit –All customers, including children are responsible for the rigging, de-rigging, packing down, rinsing of wetsuits and their personal safety equipment before leaving.
Your instructor will be on hand at all times to guide you through the full processes that we have put in place.
Please rest assured that all emergency situations will be dealt with professionally and safely and all instructors will be carrying the appropriate PPE in their buoyancy aids at all times.
Thank you for your cooperation during the pandemic and we hope you understand the necessity for all of the new systems that we have had to put in place to operate safely and help to protect our staff and customers.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Please get in touch if you have any questions or queries.
Tracey and Team