Mental health can affect people in so many ways, it can be the result of a trauma, present itself in a physical way such as an eating disorder or even be hereditary.
Scientific studies have proven that being outside in nature, on the beach, or on the water for at least an hour a day can significantly improve your mental wellbeing.
The Children’s Society published these statistics on mental health in young people.
– 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health issue at some point in their life.
– At any one time, 1/6th of the population will be experiencing a mental health problem.
– 1 in 10 schoolchildren have a diagnosable mental health condition.
– 75% of all mental health problems are established by the time someone is 18.
– 75% of young people who are experiencing mental health problems aren’t receiving treatment.
There is so much help out there so if you know someone who could benefit, please encourage them to seek professional advice, and most importantly talk about it.